Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dachshunds are bred hunters. Their shape and temperament makes them ideal for searching out small animals and rodents. In fact, when Max sets his mind to something, it’s nearly impossible to distract him.

Take for example, our walks. Once Max has the leash on, he turns neither to the right nor to the left. He knows exactly which route we will take, and he does not deter one step from it. Not even the cows roaming free in the pasture are enough to divert his attention when he’s wearing the collar. My husband and I laughed about the determination he displayed as he trotted along, straight as an arrow, his ears perked and nose pointed straight ahead.

But then it occurred to me. Was this what God meant when He commanded us to choose the narrow path, turning neither to the right nor the left? Does following God require extraordinary faith, is it more. . .extraordinary determination?

I’m learning that it is a combination of both. God told me without faith, it is impossible to please Him. He also said that faith without works is dead. Perhaps if I learned how to feed my faith, and exercise determination, I would finally be the child God is raising me to be.

Proverbs 4:18-27 (New International Version)

18 The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. 19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble. 20 My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. 21 Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; 22 for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. 23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. 24 Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. 25 Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. 26 Make level [a] paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. 27 Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry