Sunday, August 22, 2010

Max loves his squeaky toys…er…perhaps I should say, he loves to rip them open and tear the squeaky out. Afterward, he struts around the house with the squeaker hidden in his mouth. Now that’s a strange sight, I tell you. Unless you know what’s in his mouth, you’d have to wonder why an eight-pound dog is squeaking like that.

I’m going to have to run to the pet store again. Last night, Max tore up the last of his toys. He dug, and pawed, and ripped with a ferocity that surprised me. Fluff lay everywhere! Finally, satisfied with his prize, Max climbed up onto the couch and left the stuffing for me to clean up. While I didn’t appreciate the mess, the process did intrigue me.

What would happen if I dug into God’s word with the same ferocity? Could I claim some kind of prize like Max does? Would it please God if everyday, I scrambled to tear into His word, devouring it as though it were the last “toy” I’d every have?

I know the answer is ‘yes.’ The trick will be to discipline myself…no, to delight myself, in His Word.


Psalm 119:9-16 (New International Version)

b Beth
9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.

10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.

11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

12 Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees.

13 With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth.

14 I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.

15 I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.

16 I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry